Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Character:

As i continue to post things about 4th edition i feel its only fair to share my own character with you all. I constructed him using the point buy system, he has gone on one adventure and reached level 2 and used his money to purchase a single weapon. Notes on character construction follow.


Prince Princely

Eladrin Warlord – Level 2

Medium Sized- Unaligned

Strength: 16/ Constitution: 12

Dexterity: 12 /Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 8/ Charisma: 14

Initiative- +4 Speed- 5

Feats: - Arcane Initiate

- Eladrin Soldier

Passive Insight- +0

Passive Perception- +0

Action Points: 1

Maximum Health: 29 , Bloodied Value: 14

Healing Surge Value: 7 , Healing Surges Perday: 8

Armor Class: 17

Fortitude: 15

Reflex: 14

Will: 15

Skills: Arcana: +11

Languages: Common, Elven

Athletics: +8 Endurance: +8 Heal: +5 History: +11 Diplomacy: +8

Class Features: Combat Leader, Tactical Presence, Inspiring Word, Implement Use- Wizard

Powers:

Furious Smash, Commanders Strike, Scorching Burst, Lead the Attack, Shake it Off, Warlords Favor, Fey Step

Equipment:

+1 Frost Longspear , Climbers Kit

Hide Armor , Tent

Longsword , Ritual Book

Lightshield , Standard Adventurer’s Kit

Heavy Crossbow , 60 Crossbow Bolts



Background: Prince Princely, from the Prince line of Princes, is a Fey Prince from the Fey Wild. Or couldn't you tell? First born of 6 brothers (he would clearly never have an unknown brother who would up the number to 7... that would be bad luck), Prince's family rules over a small domain within the Ghaele of Winters vast kingdom. His father is a Warrior King, his mother the beautiful queen who was rescued from the lair of a dark and miserable Fomororian. His brothers are loyal vassals who only want him to take the throne as is his hereditary right. Thats why his favorite brother (and fraternal twin) Black Princely, only younger than him by a few minutes, was so insistent that he gather more experience before taking the throne. Black is such a good brother that he's watching over Princely's estates, helped get him out of the Fey Wild without their father realizing it and is right now, with no doubt, watching over the chastity of Prince's beloved Fiance; Feya the Nymph.

---

Riiiiight.

Anyways i built this character because i like leadership characters, and the warlord allows me to encourage other players and give them combat advice without breaking character. Additionally i wanted to play an Eladrin, but play one that was clearly mocking the "Pretty pretty moon moon" feel that the race has as a whole.

Strength is the primary stat for Warlords, i put a 16 into that. I choose to be a tactical warlord because i like buffing accuracy more than defenses (i think it makes the game more fun to hit monsters than to be invulnerable), so i put a 14 into Intelligence. I made certain that my charisma didn't take a hit so i could still grab some of the better charisma powers and put a 14 there too (Since i knew i wanted a low wisdom a high charisma keeps my Will defense working). Dexterity is a dead spot for me because of my Int, so i put a 10 there. On a power gaming level i should have put the 8 there and boosted it to a 10 with my racia... but I liked the idea of Princely being smart but totally oblivious so i kept his wisdom an 8. Constitution is important for not dying so i invested the rest of my points in there.

The Longspear is my weapon of choice because it lets me stay out of immediate combat while still helping out the melee characters. Frost weapon is a personal favorite of mine on a cinematic level, and i already had it worked into my background that my family was from the Ghaele of Winters territory. The Eladrin Soldier Feat buffs my damage with the Longsword and Longspear, allowing me to swap out for a sword/shield if i need the boost to reflex saves and AC. He wears hide armor because my Intelligence is high enough to give me the same boost as if i was wearing Chainmail, but without the speed penalty.

Arcane Initiate gave me an extra knowledge skill (arcana) and another encounter ability (any one wizard at will). Also it lets me get the multi-class feats for later when i want to grab some offensive ranged control abilities to supplement my buffing and melee damage. Also... fey. I mean i wanted him to have a bit more magic than your average warlord, and he has the Int to back it up. Eladrin soldier gave me a damage bonus per swing, very nice, even if it doesn't scale like weapon focus (It will probably be the first feat i drop if i ever retrain).

Plans for advancement in the heroic tier: A Wizard Multi-Class to swap out my 3rd level attack power for Color Spray, Ritualist, Power Attack and Tactical Assault. After that the Battle Captain prestige path and the Paragon Tier!

So thats my 4th edition character. Appearance wise he's basically the guy above... but with Blue Hair. And those 4 dark plotting people behind me? My beloved brothers of course, only there to wish me well!

See in a day or two folks when i post the Cleric article.

No comments: